Monday 25 July 2011

Hanging Tea Cups





I have always enjoyed putting plants into things other than a specified pot, I attribute this to spending time in my grandpa's greenhouse as a child and seeing that any type of container with a few holes punched in the bottom could be used for planting up. I assumed everyone had cucumber seedlings growing in their old flora tubs! I think our grandparents generation are great at this, using what is available to fit the purpose. I think this is something our generation are getting back, we are becoming much more aware of recycling and it is for most of us an every day part of life but also there is a definite trend occurring in what I have recently learned has been dubbed 'upcycling'. So, taking something and re-using it but first giving it a bit of a re vamp first. Covering an old kitchen chair in stamps for example. I have had plants in tea cups around my house for a few years now but due to a recent gift, my new favourite toy, a rather lovely Dremel drill I decided to branch out and experiment and these were the result. I'll put some more photos up when I have put some plants in. Also have ideas for some kind of hanging tea cup herb mobile.............will see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. Here, the Tea Cups are hanging and it's used for the Planting Some Plants. Planting Tea Cups are looking fabulous.
    herbal tea

    ReplyDelete